Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

As I sit here at work, wondering why on earth the office is even open since I have nothing to do, I can't help but think of the upcoming Thanksgiving feast! I am so blasted hungry. Fortunately, we're closing at 3:00, but I don't think that'll be soon enough. I will most likely have devoured my fist by that time. However, though the hairy fist would be tasty I'm sure, I think I will just hold off on that and dream of how tasty the feast I have planned will be. This, dear reader, is what I have planned for the Thanksgiving consumption:

Appetizers: Seasoned Oyster Crackers; Ricotta-Blue Cheese dip with green apple slices, crackers, and cheese straws
Sides, etc.: Cranberry-Orange Sauce (I make this every year and it just gets better and better each time); Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta; Orange-Scented Green Beans; Mashed Red Potatoes with Brown Gravy; Sweet Potato Casserole; Pimento Cheese Stuffed Celery, Olives; White Yeast Rolls
Main Dishes: Peach-Glazed Cornish Game Hens with Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing; Turkey Breast Cutlets with Pan Gravy

The best part in all of this is that it's for a grand total of three people (counting myself). So, there will be more than enough for all and we'll have some mighty tasty leftovers too. :) I also can't wait for Darin and Cammie Jan to get here--I am bouncing off the walls in anticipation. It's been almost a year since the three of us have been able to spend time together and as they're very much a part of my family, it will be great to have them around.

Well, on that happy note and with those thoughts, I'm heading to the kitchen to scavenge for food. Perhaps I'll find a crumb or two to tide me over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!
I have never tried none of those items... It's strange how our food can be different! I mean, we've got all these items over here too, but such a meal... never seen one before! Hope you all enjoy it! :)

Thoughts that occur to Tot...shared as randomly as they occur.