Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Roomies vs. Vomit: Which is worse?

Well, today brings yet another crappy day of illness to my life. I feel so nauseous and I don't know why. I have been feeling just fine the past few days, but now it's a whole heap of yuck all over again. In the meantime, I discovered that my roommate not only paid his rent late last month, incurring a late fee that he didn't completely pay off, but that he also has failed (for the fourth month) to get our electricity switched over into his name instead of the apartment's. He was able to get out of the last $200 fine for that one, but now he's got another $50 fee to work on. Oh, and he didn't write a check big enough to cover the rent this month, as he forgot how much he's supposed to pay. I e-mailed him today and broke down all the finances for him, as he seems to struggle with them. He can't even remember from month-to-month how much he is supposed to pay in rent or even how much our total rent is. I am tired of having to act like his parent. I have to ask him to do the dishes, take out the trash, clean his cats' litter box, etc. It is ridiculous.

So, here I sit amongst an apartment full of dirty dishes and nasty kitty litter (I took the garbage out last night, so at least that's missing from this equation), feeling like I need to vomit as my stomach is just killing me, and I can't tell which I dislike more--feeling sick or having a roommate. My thought is that I will absolutely, positively not have a roommate during law school as school is going to be stressful enough without having to parent someone else's child. Those are my angry thoughts at this hour.

No comments:

Thoughts that occur to Tot...shared as randomly as they occur.