Saturday, November 3, 2007

A better day...

So, it's incredibly late (i.e., 2:00 a.m.) and one would think I'd be in bed...but clearly, I'm not. Why, you ask? I shall share...it's because with all of this virus crap all week, I've done nothing but sleep odd hours and now my internal clock is so messed up that I am wide awake when I should and could be sleeping. So, to fill this time, I will write today's adventures.

It all started when I went in to work...at about 2:00 p.m. I was feeling really crappy again this morning, but talked myself into going in as I have several projects I wanted to work on that I couldn't do at home. I am supposed to be able to log in with my work laptop from home and have access to all of the office networks, etc., but something is wrong with my home network when I go to do so. Therefore, to access the files I needed, it required me throwing on jeans and a sweater and dragging myself into the office--drag being the key word here. My boss told me to turn right around and go back home, but I told him I think I'm past the contageous point (I'm not sure if I am or not, but I am so sick of being cooped up at home that I had to escape somehow). Anyway, I got a few things done at work, planning to leave by 5:00. At 6:00, I was finally out the door. It's amazing to me how often that happens--time just gets away from me. But, at least I have a really fun and interesting job, so that helps.

Well, I got home and took Miss Matza out for her evening walk, which involves picking up the mail too. What did I find in my mailbox? None other than an acceptance letter and 25% tuition scholarship offer from Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan! I had just turned in my application to them two weeks ago, so I was surprised to see an acceptance so soon. I was very happy about this, as it ensures that I'll be going to law school, even if all of the other schools don't offer me admissions. To celebrate, I made two friends, Adrian and Beth (along with Beth's two adorable kids, Faith and Cameron), go with me to Red Lobster for dinner. I had to twist their arms soooooo hard (note the sarcasm). I ordered the endless shrimp feast, but while eating my first helping (buffalo shrimp), I discovered something that did not at all resemble a shrimp. I poked it and it was hard, so I broke it open with my hands to find that it was a part of the shrimp bag wrapping that had been breaded and fried. It wasn't the most appetizing thing, but it didn't completely ruin my appetite--because right then and there, I knew it was free dinner for Kade night!

I called over the waiter, who immediately got the manager, who came and apologized profusely and said they'd buy my dinner and dessert. Then, after a while, another manager came over and gave me a gift card so that I'd come back again. I had a bit of a pile up of shrimp dishes on my plate, as the kitchen all of a sudden sped up and got my refills to me two seconds after I ordered them. So, the waiter boxed up a bunch of food for me, along with my free dessert, and filled a giant take out bag with all of my loot. Beth and Adrian looked at me in disgust as I lugged the bag of freebies to the car. It was most enjoyable. I'm all about freebies, as anyone who knows me can testify.

The thing is, a shrimp wrapper in a shrimp dish is not that far-fetched or disgusting as say, a finger or a condom or a bandaid or a hair or...well, you get the idea. So, it really wasn't so bad that I wanted to vomit or anything. My thought is that I'm all about freebies, so anytime that a kitchen worker at Red Lobster wants to throw in a wrapper piece that will result in me getting $40 in goodies, I am all for it. And that, my friends, was my day and my thoughts at this, 2:22 a.m.

Later,
Tater

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good good GREATTTTTTTT news!!! LOL
Congradulations, Kade!!!
I'm really happy to you!!! :)

Beijos,
Carol.

PS: I was laughing tons reading your emotions at Red Shrimp! Only you!!! :P

Thoughts that occur to Tot...shared as randomly as they occur.