Thursday, November 22, 2007

A day of thanks...

Greetings from Darin's computer. I'm typing this on his computer, while he sits on the other couch working away on his blog using my computer. Unusual, yes. But, that's not the only thing out of the norm today. Overall, this, by far, has been one of the most unusual Thanksgiving days I've ever had. How, you ask? Well, I shall share with you how. It all started this morning, when Darin and I ventured forth for breakfast--at Bojangles, where I enjoyed delicious boberry biscuits. They are most choice. Anyway, following this, Derriere and I took a short drive through the amazing roads lined by trees with amazing colors before coming back home to watch TV for a while. We finally got out and about again, heading over to my complex's gym where we worked out for hours and hours. OK, well, maybe not hours, but for a good 20 minutes at least. After that sweat-provoking experience, we headed off to my friend's indoor pool (even though it was warm enough today that we could've swam outside just fine). After swimming for a bit, we came back and cleaned up and then headed off to that ever-popular Thanksgiving dinner--Chinese food. I had sweet & sour chicken. I suppose sweet & sour turkey would have been more apropos, but given my disdain for that nasty poultry variety, I wouldn't have eaten it anyway. So, after our festive dinner, we headed off to our next part of the holiday meal--hot fudge sundaes at McDonald's. Oh, we did take a little detour to CVS, where we bought some bags of peanut M&M's to go with our hot fudge sundaes. Anyway, we are now at my house watching TV and waiting for Cammie Jan's arrival. We will go collect her from the airport in about fifteen minutes or so. I just checked the flight arrival website and she's flying along at 601 MPH right now and is 180 miles away. So, she'll be here shortly.

Despite the rather unusual Thanksgiving day (we're doing our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday), during which nothing was the same as my usual traditions, there is one thing that remains the same--my gratitude for so many things. I am especially grateful this year, as so much change and progress has happened in my life during the last 365 days. I am grateful for my mostly-good health and for my job, home, vehicle, dog, etc. But, even more than this, I'm grateful for my family and friends. I have such a tremendous and fun support system that I truly love and I could not survive without. My mom, sisters, bro-in-law, nephews, and grandma are all amazing and I miss them tremendously. However, that's not my only "family" that I'm grateful for. Besides many others, my dear, long-time, always faithful and wonderful friends, Darin and Cammie Jan, particularly mean a lot to me. I am so happy they're here (or almost here) and that we can spend some time together, even if it is only a few days. It's better than nothing. Sure, I talk or text them almost daily, but it's even better to have them here in person. Above all else, I'm particularly grateful for the lessons my Heavenly Father has allowed to come into my life since last Thanksgiving. I don't even feel like the same person, as so much growth and maturity has come into my life. It's amazing. So, my thoughts on the eve of this fun and unique holiday are that I'm so very blessed with things much more valuable than any material possession. I am blessed with a family and friends that couldn't be any better and with good health. What more could I ask for? Nothing--unless I wanted to be really greedy. So, to all who read this, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! May it truly be a day of gratitude and may the year ahead be another year of great blessings and joy!

No comments:

Thoughts that occur to Tot...shared as randomly as they occur.