Wednesday, May 7, 2008

License Plates

Today, my drive to work was kept interesting simply by paying attention to the license plates around me. The pimped out, bright green Audi driving next to me for the bulk of the time had a plate that read "APOSTLE1". Now, I'm not sure if the guy is claiming to be an apostle of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, but I would dare bet that as I live here in the Bible belt, it would indeed be what he is claiming. Call me crazy, but I don't know as an apostle of the Lord would be driving a bright green, pimped out Audi while wearing sunglasses with bright gold earpieces. It's just not quite right to me.

Then, after staying along side my religious friend for some time, I got to the stoplight...and was stopped right next to a car that's plate said "CATER". How I would have loved to be a person behind either of us. As my plate reads "KADER", reading from left to right it would have appeared as "CATER" "KADER". What are the odds?

Anyway, while I'm thinking of vehicles, I must say that I am not hearting these recently appearing bumper stickers that read "I (heart) my wife!" I think it's great these people love their wives, but does it really take putting it on a bumper sticker to prove this? Did these men do something to royally piss off their wives to the point they had to reassure them that they love them by applying a cheap piece of paper with adhesive to their vehicles? Or, is it a self-affirmation that they need to see each day in order to keep them motivated to stay in their marriage? From the few I've seen so far, I can tell you it's not that these are Don Juans or Casanovas of any sort that are fending off the potential marriage threats (i.e., mistresses) by letting it be known up front that they are married. I just do not get it. However, the vehicular accessory choices of others does help to make my commute fly by as I end up spending most of my time behind the wheel pondering these sorts of thing, so for that I'm grateful...even if I do think these people are crazy half the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL
Each crazy person with their own crazyness... *rolling her eyes*! LOL

Darin said...

Maybe it's just a reminder to these unfortunate-looking fellows that they should be grateful that some woman is actually with them?

Thoughts that occur to Tot...shared as randomly as they occur.