Saturday, April 19, 2008

Open mouth...insert foot.

So, today was the SPCA 3K walk in downtown Raleigh. Over 1,000 people were there with their pooches--it was an insane sight. I dare say it's one of the biggest dog walks ever. The walk went very well and it was quite fun--I even found a company who may be a vendor of my products, which is very cool. And, there were 80-100 of my business cards given out, as everyone loved the t-shirts that I had on Matza and the rest of the team (you can find them here: http://www.secondcoats.com/product_info.php?cPath=35_38&products_id=577

Anyway, after all was said and done, we were sitting around chit chatting, with lots of people stopping by to pet Matza and the other dogs that were on our team. (Incidentally, I dare say my little attention whore was the most photographed dog at the walk--the professional photographers didn't seem to be able to stop taking photos of her.) One little family, which included an adorable little black boy in a stroller, came up to pet her. The little boy was crying and trying to get out of his stroller. So, Jamie said to his mom, "I'm sure he's thinking 'Set me free!!'" Enter awkward moment. Um, the choice of words was a hoot. Here Jamie is saying that a little black boy is screaming, "Set me free!" I couldn't stop laughing internally.

After the family walked off, Jamie said, "I probably shouldn't have said that. It's just like saying, 'Set my people free!'" It was a hoot! If you fail to see the humor in this, you need to a) lighten up and b) get a sense of humor. It seriously was quite the humorous moment. Anyway, the walk was great, the laughs were fun, the dogs were plentiful, and I am glad I was able to do it all! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Set my people free" was really hilarious! lol
Have a great Monday, Kade! :)

Thoughts that occur to Tot...shared as randomly as they occur.