Sunday, March 9, 2008

The "Express" Lane

So, while I'm on here editing my blog, I figured I'd take a moment to post a blog...more of a complaint and gripe, really, but in blog format. Well, last night at about 9:30, I realized that I was out of laundry detergent. As I don't like to shop on Sunday, but knew I had to keep doing laundry today if there is any hope of getting through the piles and piles and piles of dirty clothes (about 10-15 loads in all). So, off to the store I went.

I quickly grabbed my detergent and headed to check out in the express lane...you know the one--12 items or less, right? Well, the two ladies in front of me (and I use the term "ladies" loosely here--more to describe their age than their maturity and couth), had a cart FULL of crap...and then they wanted cigarettes too. I was about ready to ask them which 12 items they would be purchasing, when the woman behind me said, "Lord, help me." This made me chuckle and calm down for just a moment--long enough for them to fluster the cashier and get him all screwed up with the type of cancer sticks they wanted. I was livid. I was knee-deep in laundry (literally) and work on my site, so it wasn't as if I had all night to stand there waiting for them to get through their monstrous cart load.

What I don't get is how people can be so inconsiderate. I'm a very busy person, so every minute counts with me. This is why I go to the express lane...I expect it to be express. If I had wanted to stay in line for an hour, I'd go to a regular line. So, my thoughts at this hour are that there needs to be a magic button at the express lanes for cashiers and fellow customers alike that once pushed, will cause the person and their over-limit cart to fall into a big, black hole...never to be seen or heard from again. The world would be a much better place without these hooligans amongst those of us who follow the rules at the checkout stand.

No comments:

Thoughts that occur to Tot...shared as randomly as they occur.