Sunday, February 17, 2008

Karma

Well, I am just hoping that dear ol' karma doesn't come and bite me in the butt for making fun, but I do have to share today's fun tidbit.

I was heading back to Raleigh from Hillsborough this afternoon, when a car got right on my bumper...and I mean the grill of that car was a nibblin' away at my poor Don Pedro's heiny. So, I did what any sane person would do...I tapped on my brakes. Well, this pissed the guy off and he threw his hands up in the air, like I have some control over speeding up or getting out of his way. You see, there was a slower-moving car in front of me and a huge truck and horse trailer to my right. So, I wasn't able to go anywhere. I threw my hands up in the air back at him. Well, I guess the car in front of me thought that I was motioning at them, which I wasn't as they were driving the speed limit--but in the fast lane, so they got over. This allowed me to speed up and get over.

I was most excited to see that there was a police SUV three lanes over from where I was with the nimrod right behind me. So, as soon as I could, I got over in front of the huge truck and let the jerk fly on by. Apparently, he didn't realize that the large white Suburban with giant black letters that said "POLICE" on it was an actual cop, as he flew right by the cop going about 20-25 mph over the speed limit. I said to my friend, Justin, who was in the passenger seat watching this all go down, "I so hope they pull him over." Justin said, "I doubt they will." But, right then, the cop sped up and was clearly pacing the speeding car.

Well, we were coming up on our exit, so I was a bit disappointed that we wouldn't know the outcome and Justin didn't think we would either, but I was most elated to see the reds and blues start flashing behind the creep, right as we were turning off. Take that Mr. Ford Focus. So, though I'm hoping karma doesn't come and get me, I am most happy that for once a driver who deserved to get caught was actually caught indeed. Good job officer, whoever you are!!

No comments:

Thoughts that occur to Tot...shared as randomly as they occur.