Friday, December 12, 2008

Meanwhile, back at the blog...

So, it was a mere two months and one week ago that I last wrote a blog entry. Not bad, Kade. Not bad. Way to stay on top of it. Well, I had the best of intentions to stay up with it, but then life kind of got in the way. As you well know if you were in any sort of contact with me in October, I had my tonsils yanked out and the whole experience sucked beyond all suckiness. I can safely say that I would not wish a tonsillectomy upon even my worst enemy. (Not that I have a worst enemy, but if I did, I'd not wish that upon them is what I's jus' sayin'.)

Lying there day after day, hepped up on oxycotin and morphine, I had plenty o' blog entry prepared in my head. I even had pictorial representations (commonly referred to as "pictures") ready to help illustrate my experience. However, two things stopped me from doing this:

1) Did I mention I was hepped up on oxycotin and morphine? Enough said on that.
2) After sending one of said pictorial representations to a friend, the response was, "Ewwwww. Gross. Did you have to send that?" I deduced from this less-than-enthusiastic response that broadcasting said images would essentially just add more pollution to the internet.

So much for documenting my journey sans tonsils. Instead, I had silence. Lots and lots of silence. Heck, it hurt to swallow Jello, so there was no talking for some time...just grunting. Yes, I know. Very Neanderthalic of me. Fortunately, Dear Brenda (aka "Mom") was on hand to listen to my grunts and, except for the unfortunate incident that included a toilet bowl plunger and my ear, I do believe she translated these grunts quite effectively. Thanks, Ma!

After getting through this little rough patch, as we shall call it (as opposed to "the time during which Kade was experiencing absolute Hell and prayed for a respite from his excruciating pain"), I went on to live life...and lots of it.

So, here I am two months and seven days later, ready to conquer the world again...or at least the occasional blog entry. Since the holidays are upon us and Lord knows what that means--time with crazy relatives who are not safe from being mentioned in a blog entry--I have just one thing to say: Stay tuned.

No comments:

Thoughts that occur to Tot...shared as randomly as they occur.